Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days of Halloween: Day 12- Scary Shadow

Hi everyone, welcome back! Today brings us to Day 12 of 31 Days, and isn't the time just flying by? I have a couple of things to talk about, but first let's introduce you to our sponsor for today!

Viva Las Vegas Stamps is located in fabulous Las Vegas, and they have thousands of stamps to choose from ! Be sure to visit their site to view all the fun! VLVS has generously donated a pound of rubber to the winner today, so be sure to look for their hidden image, as well as the Rick St Dennis hidden image. Email us when you find them to be entered.

Ok, so I had a couple of comment questions about some of my 31 Days projects so far that I want to address...

I will be making a tutorial on how to make the pattern paper flowers from Day 2 and I will post it sometime this month on the S&S Forum tutorial page. When I do, I will let you all know.

Also, the question came up several times asking how I stamped on the curved glass of the Raven Pedestals from Day 10. The secret is to ink up your stamp and then lay it face up on your table (my stamps are unmounted). Then take the glass, ornament, curved surface, etc, and slowly starting from one edge of the stamp, roll it over the stamp. The cool thing about doing this on clear items is that you can see exactly which part of it has stamped and which hasn't, so you can adjust pressure accordingly. If you'd like a tutorial on this as well for a visual, I can do it, but it really is very simple and only takes a little practice before you get the hang of it.

The blood splatter on my Day 7 Glam Vamps project was done digitally, I just used different PSE brushes to obtain the effect.

I think those were all the questions I have come across so far. Now to share my project for today. It is digital once again, and features our Shadow Grumpie image from Creepy Li'l Grumpies.

*click for larger view

It's pretty self explanatory. I started out with a wall background and used PSE to grunge it up a bit more than it was and skew it. I made the floor as well and skewed that to fit. I then placed my Grumpie on top, colored him up, and added my word. The final step was to add my back layer, and voila! All done! I think I may have this one printed to send to family and friends this year, I really adore the way it came out. And I just love how he's so mesmerized by that flame, he doesn't even notice his shadow is coming to eat him! Bwahahahahaha!!

Now that you've seen my piece, hop on through the Wicked Blogs and have fun getting your inspiration on for the day! Also, don't forget our new Smudgy Antics challenge has been posted, and the theme this week is Black Birds. You have until Sat at midnight to enter! Hope to see you over there :)

20 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC - he looks almost 3D - that's an amazing piece of work. Poor little Grumpie though.... I hope he realises at the last minute and gets away !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I love this! Just absolutely brilliantly done, poor little Grumpie! :D Does this mean the Creepy Grumpies set will be available digitally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the coloring on poor grumpie. great job with the back wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terra,
    I so love this what an awesome digital project, I really do wish I understood how to use that program. I have PSE but not sure if its the same? I need a whole class on PSE not just a tut. LOL! Anyways, I do like how you colored your grumpy, and his shadow coming for him so cool! I would def print it out and send to your friends and family it's way cool!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your project! That wall looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great project! although my take was that the little dude wasn't going to be snatched by his shadow, but, instead, was loosing it on the world....y'know, you have to look out for the for cute ones in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww poor grumpie!
    I so love this. you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this turned out Terra!!! Wow!!! That is another set that is on my wishlist... I really need to get selling my cards so I can get more goodies!! LOL! Your picture is awesome and wow... I would love to have one of them to hang on my wall!!! *hint*hint* LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! Super, super cute! Your digi work always amazes me. thanks for all the info about your fab projects. Love them all. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is wonderful! and THANK YOU for talking about the curved surface stamping and how you do it. Makes perfect sense and much easier than me trying to cup the stamp in my hand....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah so, glass to rubber. Makes sense but it took you to tell us. I love your scene and am blown away by your skills. I don't know the PSElements but is Grumpie embossed? So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome love it
    Luv Janexxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Terra! Awesome digital work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so awesome! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool creation! Love the shadow in the background! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, fantastic piece of art, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Your coloring on this is insane! He really looks like he's lit by that flame! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this image. I looked at these too but decided on buying the quoth the raven instead. love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor little Grumpie LOL Fab work.

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete