Monday, May 9, 2011

Smeared Ink New Release Hop

Hello everyone! Welcome to another New Release Hop for Smeared Ink. We are introducing two new digi sets today. Yay! and to celebrate our design team has gotten together to feature some of the fantastic images. Before I forget, let me also mention that we are having a special today only, if you buy any two of our digi sets, you get to choose a third digi set for free!! Just mention your freebie choice in the paypal comments when you check out. Woo Hoo! What could be better than free stuff!!!

So, now that I have your attention, I will show you the new sets. And let me tell you, I adore both of them! The first is a set of little stitched up dolls that are both creepy and cute. Think along the lines of a rag doll with button eyes and mohawks. Here's Stitchy Situation:






I just love these little guys,and you will see several projects today made with them. The next set is gorgeous artwork adapted from 19th century Austrian artist Franz Von Bayros and is called, or course, Von Bayros:






I was lucky enough to get to work with one of these beautiful images for today's hop, and here is my card:

*click for larger pics





It's actually pretty straight-forward for me. I colored with Copics and cut out four layers of the image. The background is peacock feathers layered with stitched cardstock, and I added a die-cut and distressed label that has words from a candle sticker. It says "Exotic Collection" and I thought it fit well with the bold colors of the card.

I made the green embellishments from sculpey, and I also added some spots of glitter and crystal effects to the image, as well as Pearl-Ex powder around the edges of my image and label. Here is a close up of the layers on my image:






Although it looks black, the background cardstock in my card is actually navy blue. I went for something a little different this time with a bolder color pallette, I thought the image looked somewhat exotic and that it fit really well.

So, I hope you have enjoyed looking. Hop on through the DT blogs to see some awesome projects, and then head over to our Shop to get your very own new release digis, and don't forget your freebie set when you purchase two sets! Thanks for stopping by.






Terra


Tori

Alison


Kelli


Black Dragon


Lady Brayton


Kapree


Sugar


Dianne


Paula





6 comments:

  1. Very Very bright!!! Love the colors you used! Wicked release!!! Can't wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm in LOVE with the new sets! and your project is so so over the top!!!! Gorgeous work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the colors and I really really love the sculptured shapes...sculpy is really heavy, isn't it? How did you get it to adhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow girl! that is fabulous.. very very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and the layering Terra! Wonderful embellishing with polymer clay pieces as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and am totally loving the texture, dimension, and the awesome sculptiness!

    ReplyDelete