Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Watcher In The Woods

Do you ever get the feeling you're being watched? For my card today I thought I'd use a color combination that is not normally associated with Halloween. I chose green, blue, and brown. These are usually pretty mild colors, but with this creepy watching tree from Third Coast, the card takes on a sinister feel.

I created the silhouette effect by using perfect medium and covering with ink. Then decorative paper layering, paper raffia, and clear microbeads finished the look.







Let me know what you think (and earn Blog Candy points) by leaving a comment. I'm interested in hearing thoughts on this not so traditional Halloween card. I personally love it, but it's always good to hear other opinions!

Now I'm off to enjoy my mommy time...my mom's visiting from Dallas for the next 10 days, so we'll be having all sorts of Halloween fun! See you all tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I love the textures in your work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your layers. And quite frankly, I get tired of the same ol' Halloween colors! How refreshing that you used something else! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love the colours and the microbeads look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this card, i have a weird obsession with trees, i'm going to have to get this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You managed to make these colors very Halloweenish. Great job.

    ReplyDelete