Saturday, August 29, 2009

Viva La Femme

Today I felt like creating something very beautiful and very glittery, hence the following card. I received a cute little packet of goodies in the mail yesterday from Kasmello (thank you Kas!!!!!!see her blog on my blog roll) and inside there was a scrap of white lace. It was my initial inspiration for this corset card.

I tried to make the card very feminine without being annoyingly girly, so I incorporated many different textures such as the lace, glitter, and pearls. The frame was made by stamping directly into hot embossing powder and then rubbed with pearl-ex. The stamps featured are from Kimberly Crick at The Enchanted Gallery.

I apologize for the dim photos, but it was overcast skies today and I just couldn't get good lighting. I've included different angles so hopefully you can see the detail. If the sun is out tomorrow I'll try for some better pictures. Thanks for looking!











5 comments:

  1. NICE....Love all the textures...nice corset also!!!! wonder where that came from!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the textures, and the layout. Nice use of the lace.
    LOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsome! Love all the textures. i have been working on texture alot myself lately and wonder what embossing powder you used? I have used UTEE and I like the depth and weight but would like a product that looks more matte like plaster rather than plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm glad you're enjoying the card! Mamakat, I used clear UTEE for the frame. I melt it in a melting pot and then mixed in some antique silver pearl-ex as an additive. After stirring together, I drizzled it over the edges of my cut cardstock and then stamped with black stazon while it was still hot, being sure to press hard to imprint the image. Then when it cooled, I rubbed with the copper pearl-ex to give more dimension and the two metal colors.

    I really like the UTEE for the same reasons you do, the weight and depth. I've found that you can add all kinds of stuff to it in the melting pot to give it different finishes- I've tried adding pigment powders, different colored embossing powders, inkers, and even sand. I'd say play around with it a little until you get the texture and color you are looking for. Thanks for looking at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's stunning. The variety of textures and depth of color are amazing.

    ReplyDelete